- cup (1 sick) butter, softened
- cup flour
- cup rolled oats (dry oatmeal)
- cup dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar with 2 tbs molasses added)
- cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp
- cup sugar
- cup water
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch or 4 tbs. flour
- cups rhubarb pieces (chopped like celery)
How to Make Rhubarbiest Crisp
- 1Preheat oven to 350 dF.
- 2In bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter. Add oats, flour, pecans, cinnamon and salt. Mix well with hands until crumbly.
- 3In heavy saucepan, combine syrup ingredients and cook over medium heat (stirring) until mixture is thickened and clear.
- 4Grease 8x8x2 pan.
- 5Add cut-up rhubarb and pour syrup over rhubarb.
- 7Bake at 350 dF for about an hour. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.