Red Hots Baked Apples-Great for the 4th of July!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- 1 bag(s)
- 9 0z. of cinnamon red hots candy
- apples-average sizes-macintosh type
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
How to Make Red Hots Baked Apples-Great for the 4th of July!!
- 1Put sugar, candies and water in a large pot and bring to a boil until all is melted and well blended. While this is cooking, peel, core and cut in half the apples. Turn down the syrup mixture and add the apples and vanilla. Simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes until the apples are starting to get slightly soft...almost cooked through but not too soft. They should still be firm. The candies make them a pretty, bright red. Take off the heat.
- 2Put apples in a dish or pan. Pour the syrup over the apples and put into the refrigerator to chill.
- 3Serve just as they are or fill the core hole with a few blueberries and top with a little whipped cream. They are Red, White and Blue pretty, and yummy too.