Strawberry Pretzel Salad
2 cshortbread cookie crumbs
3/4 cmelted butter
8 ozpackage cream cheese at room temperature
1 cwhipping cream
3 Tbsppowdered sugar
2 boxjell-o flavor of your choice such as strawberry
2 cfruit of your choice such as sliced strawberries
·whipped cream for serving
How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix cookie crumbs, 3 tbsp sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan that you have sprayed lightly. Bake for 7 minutes and set aside to cool
- Beat cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar till smooth. Set aside. Now whip the cream until it is thickened and then gradually add the powdered sugar, then stir in the vanilla. Now fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spread this over the cooled crust and place in the fridge.
- Now mix your jell-o as directed. Place this in the fridge to cool of and get thickened. That takes only about 30 minutes.
- Now take the dessert and if you are using fruit such as sliced strawberries, place these over the filling. Then ladle the thickened jell-o over this and place back in fridge and let it set over 4 hours at least.
- Note: you can pretzels in place of the cookie crumbs if you choose to. This is often chosen as a Christmas dessert by one of my grandchildren.