Raspberry Shortbread Bars
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·cooking spray, butter flavor
1/2 c1 stick, unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1yolk from a large egg
1 & 1/2 cunsifted all-purpose flour
1 cred-raspberry preserves
3/4 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Raspberry Shortbread Bars
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extend foil beyond edges of pan so when shortbread bars have completely cooled you can life it out.
- Lightly coat aluminum foil with butter spray.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, cinnamon until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, beat in flour to form moist crumbs, about 1 minute. Scatter over bottom of prepared pan and press into even layer.
- Bake 18 minutes, until set. Remove pan to wire rack.
- Spread preserves over crust and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 15 minutes, take out and cool on wire rack.
- When completely cooled, lift shortbread out with aluminum foil and cut into squares. Makes 48 bars.