RASPBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
" I love raspberries and shortbread together. The great thing about this recipe is that it uses one shortbread dough two ways; pat some on the bottom of the pan for the crust, and the rest (with some granola added) becomes the crumble topping.
I use raspberry jam with seeds because I feel its more raspberry-like, but you can certainly use seedless jam as well."
This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe.
- 1/2 lb
- (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 10-12 oz
- good raspberry jam, such as hero
- 2/3 c
- good granola without dried fruit
- 1/4 c
- sliced almonds
- confectioners sugar for sprinkling
How to Make RASPBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the butter and the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed just until combined. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla.
- 3Sift the flour and the salt together and, with the mixer on low, slowly add to the butter mixture, mixing it until it almost comes together in a ball.
- 4Turn the ball out onto a board. Lightly pat two-thirds of the dough evenly on the bottom oa a 9-inch square baking pan and about 1/4 inch up the sides. Spread with the jam, leaving a 3/4 inch border. Mix the granola into the remaining dough with your hands.
- 5Break the dough into small bits and distribute it on top of the jam, covering most of the surface. Sprinkle the almonds on top.
- 6Bake the bars for 45 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into 9 or 12 bars. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar.