6 Tbspbutter, room temperature
5 3/4 ozall purpose flour
2 pkgcream cheese, 8 oz
1cool whip, whole container
1 pkgfrozen raspberries, thawed
How to Make Raspberry Cream Puffs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil water, butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add flour and remove from heat. Work together and return to heat. Continue working until thoroughly mixed and dough forms ball.
- Transfer dough to stand mixer bowl and let sit about 4 minutes.
- On LOW, add eggs one at a time, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next.
- When mix is smooth, transfer to piping bag. Line a baking sheet with parchment and pipe golf ball sized swirls of dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 then reduce heat to 350 and bake another 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Immediately pierce finished puffs to release steam using a paring knife. (Otherwise they will get soggy)
- While puffs are cooling, add raspberries to a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until pureed.
- Place a fine meshed strainer over a bowl and pour puree into strainer. Use a spatula to move the seeds out of the way to help the puree go through.
- Cream together the cream cheese and cool whip. Add raspberry puree a little at a time until mixed.
- Transfer to a piping bag and, using the hole from the steam release, fill the cream puffs. If you choose, you can dust with powdered sugar.