- 1 lb. frozen raspberries, thawed and drained of excess water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. sherry liqueur
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- juicy cobbler dough, recipe follows
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- one 12 x 8 inch baking dish
How to Make Raspberry Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 375
- 2In large bowl, mix together raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, sherry liqueur and lemon zest. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- 3Prepare cobbler dough according to directions
- 4Butter baking dish and fill evenly with half the cobbler dough.
- 5Fill baking dish 3/4 full with raspberry and liqueur mixture, then fill rest of dish with remaining cobbler dough.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes. Serve at once. Serves 8
- 7Juicy Cobbler Dough:
1 stick, unsalted butter, cut into cubes, 4 oz
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 T. baking powder
1 T. pure vanilla extract
1/2 t. salt
1 cup whole milk
Using a hand or stand mixer, mix together butter and sugar on low speed until creamy. In another bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Add the vanilla extract, salt, milk and half the flour mixture to mixer, continuing to mix on low speed. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until well blended. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes before using. To use juicy cobbler dough in a recipe, scoop out with a large spoon and use according to instructions. This cobbler works great in recipes that call for baking fruit without cooking it first. Use it for any baked fruit pie or cobbler.