How to Make Raisin Bars
- Cover 2 cups raisins with water and cook 20 to 30 minutes, drain well, reserve 1 cup of the juice.
- Cream oleo, sugar, 2 eggs.
- Mix flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Add this to creamed mixture alternately with raisins and juice (to which you add 1 teaspoon soda and mixed). Do this just as you are going to add to the mixture.
- Spread on large cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until tooth pick in center is clean.
- Cool for a few minutes (I usually cool for about 30 minutes) and spread a simple powdered sugar frosting.