How to Make Quick and Easy Cherry Crisp
- In a Microwave safe bowl melt 1 stick of butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large cake pan LIGHTLY with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, sugars, graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon in a large bowl. I prefer to use glass. With a fork or whisk gently incorporate all dry ingredients together.
- Pour melted butter into mixture little by little and mix until you have pea sized balls starting to form. You do not want this mixture to be completely soaked, you want it crumbly. Add more butter if necessary, but proceed with caution.
- Place Pie filling in cake pan and top with crumb mixture
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until the crumb topping turns golden. Be careful not to overcook and really pay attention. It can and will burn quickly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
****this crumb mixture works for all kinds of fruit crisps, to pies, to crumb cakes*****