★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 ccrushed pretzels
3/4 cbutter , melted
8 ozcream cheese softened
1 1/2 cwhipped cream
1 pkgdanish dessert, strawberry or raspberries
3 or 4 cstrawberry or raspberries fresh, or
20 ozfrozen berries, thawed
How to Make Pretzel Dessert
- Crust: Mix crushed pretzels, butter and 3 Tablespoons sugar together and press into a
9x13 inch pan. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Base Layer Mix softened cream cheese and 1 c. sugar
Fold 1.5 cups whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and spread over pretzel crust.
- Fruit Layer Prepare Danish Dessert according to package directions for pie filling. Cool
If using frozen fruit use the juice from the thawed fruit to replace at least half the water needed to prepare the Danish Dessert
- Fold in fruit, do not crush
Pour over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate.
- Cut into servings, top with additional sweetened whipped cream and a whole berry.
- Options: add 1/2 C. finely chopped toasted pecans to crust layer.
Cover the whole fruit layer with sweetend whipped cream and add some whole berries for garnish, if desired.
The amounts of whipped cream and fruit can be adjusted to suit the cook.