Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce
This is one of the great ones, folks,
Drink any remaining maple cream sauce with a straw. Then fall into a deep sleep and wake up in a week, after your guilt subsides.
Makes one 8 x 12 inch crisp.Unknown source
- maple cream sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. light corn syrup
- peach crisp:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 lb. cold butter
- 5 or 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches, about 6 peaches should be enough
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
How to Make Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce
- 1Pour cream into a heavy pan. Add the maple syrup and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly til sauce is thickened and reduced by a third, about 20 minutes. Chill for at least an hour before serving over warm peach crisp.
- 2to make the peach crisp, preheat oven to 350. Start with the crumb mixture. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Cut cold butter into pieces. Add butter to the bowl and use a fork or pastry blender to cut it into the flour mixture. The mixture should resemble a moist coarse meal.
- 3Put the peaches in a bowl. add the lemon zest to the peaches. Mix in the lemon juice and maple syrup and gently stir the peaches to mix.
- 4Pour peaches into a 9 inch square or 8 x 12 inch baking dish. Top with the crumb mixture, evening out the surface with a fork. cover tightly with foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
Remove foil and bake 30 minutes more or til topping is crisp and golden brown. If topping appears underdone, continue baking in 10 minute increment til it’s done.
spoon the warm crisp onto a plate and drizzle the chilled maple cream sauce over the top