4 csliced peaches (frozen ok)
1 1/2 csugar
1/4 tspalmond extract - scant
1/2 cbutter, melted
3/4 ca.p. flour plus 3 tbs
2 tspbaking powder
3/4 cmilk (1% ok)
·raw sugar for crust
·instant tapioca granules if peaches are juicy
How to Make Peach Cobbler - South Carolina Style
- Make peach mixture first. Slice fresh peaches into wedges, or thaw frozen peaches.
- In a large bowl gently toss peaches with 1 cup sugar, almond extract and 3 TBS. flour. I also add a dash of salt here.
- Note: If peaches are really juicy add up to 1 TBS. instant tapioca granules so peaches won't be floating in their own juice! Set Aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 2 quart baking dish with PAM.
- Melt butter and add to baking dish.
- In another bowl mix together 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 c. sugar. Add milk. (I sometimes mix our 1% milk with half and half to make it a little richer.)
- Pour batter over melted butter in baking dish. Try to get it evenly distributed. DO NOT STIR into the butter!
- Spoon peach mixture over batter, evenly. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake @ 350* for 50-55 minutes, until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with raw sugar while still hot.
- Serve with ice cream or cream. Heavenly!