Peach Cobbler Crunch
This was taken from the cookbook "Grandma's best recipes" and picture
1 can(s)(29 oz) or 2 cans (16 oz) cling peach slices in syrup
1/2 cplus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour, divided
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1/2 cuncooked old fashioned or quick oats
1/4 cbutter or margarine melted
1/2 tspground cinnamon
4-5 Tbspcold water
·whipped cream for topping
How to Make Peach Cobbler Crunch
- Drain peach slices in fine meshed sieve over 2 cup glass measure. Resderve 3/4 cup syrup.
- Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Slowly add reserved syrup. Stir well. Add vanilla. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, margarine or butter, and cinnamon in small bowl: stir until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 df
Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups flour. 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and salt in small bowl.
Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture forms pea sized pieces.
Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time over flour mixture. Toss lightly with fork until mixture holds together. Press together to form a ball.
- Roll out dough into 10-inch square, 1/8 inch thick. Fold dough in half, then in half again. Carefully place folded dough in center of 8 X 8 inch baking dish. Unfold and press onto bottom and and about 1 inch up sides of dish. Arrange peaches over crust. Pour sauce over peaches. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.