PEACH COBBLER (batter recipe)
- tablespoons real butter
- cup all-purpose flour (gluten free version is below.)
- cup sugar, (if fruit is tart increase to 3/4 cup)
- teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- teaspoon of salt
- cup buttermilk (i used ¾ cup organic milk + 1 tsp lemon juice)
- cups only of sliced fresh peaches (or fruit of choice)
- tablespoon of sugar for the top
You will use ¾ cup of this mix for this recipe. Mix well before measuring.
½ cup Brown Rice Flour
½ cup Corn Starch
½ cup Tapioca Flour
½ cup Potato Starch
1 tablespoon protein whey isolate
Mix well before using.
Cook's Note: No need for xanthan gum. Use the organic milk + lemon juice for the gluten free version instead of butter milk in this recipe.)
Wash the peaches. Put ice and water in a large bowl, set aside. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 5 tablespoons baking soda, a spoon at a time so it doesn't overflow, and drop the peaches in the boiling water for 30 seconds, remove them immediately (or you will cook them!) and dunk them in the ice water. When they are cool enough to handle pick up a peach and the skin will start to dissolve and melt off the peaches. You want firm, but ripe peaches for this recipe, and this technique will work perfectly.