Mary Lou Ivy
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cshortening (crisco)
6-8 Tbspcold water
1 stickmargarine, melted
2 can(s)sliced peaches (15 ounce size)
1 1/2 csugar (or splenda)
How to Make Peach Cobbler
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Cut shortening into flour with pastry blender. Add enough water to bring together.
- Roll out dough on floured board until you have a 9X12 rectangle.
- Drain 2 cans sliced peaches (save juice) and mash peaches with potato masher. Spread peaches over dough and roll up to make log. Cut roll into 12 slices.
- Melt 1 stick margarine in glass 9x12 baking dish and place cut slices on top. (will look a little like cinnamon rolls).
- In a bowl add saved peach juice adding enough water to make 2 cups. Add sugar (or Splenda) to juice mixing well. Pour this mixture over peach slices and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cook at 350 for 50 minutes.
Great served warm with vanilla ice cream.