Peach Caramel Crisp1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1 calmonds, sliced and toasted
1/2 call purpose flour
5 Tbspunsalted butter, chilled, cut into Â¼ inch cubes
6 largeripe peaches
·vanilla ice cream
How to Make Peach Caramel Crisp
- For topping: Butter small cookie sheet.
- Stir sugar and water in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil without sitrring until sugar turns deep golden brown, swirling pan occasionally.
- Mix in almonds.
- Immediately pour mixture onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Cut praline into 2-inch pieces.
- Finely grind praline in processor.
- (Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead--keep refrigerated in airtight container.)
- Combine 1/2 cup praline and flour in processor (reserve remaining praline for another use.)
- Add butter to mixture in processor and cut in using on/off turns until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- For peach filling: Stir sugar and water in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil without stirring until sugar turns deep golden brown, swirling pan occasionally.
- Immediately pour caramel into 9-inch diameter baking dish with 1-1/2-inch high sides.
- Carefully turn dish to coat bottom and sides with caramel.
- Let stand until caramel hardens.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blanch peaches in large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to bowl of cold water using slotted spoon.
- Peel skin off peaches using small sharp knife.
- Halve and pit peaches.
- Cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over peaches; toss gently.
- Arrange peaches atop caramel in dish.
- Sprinkle topping over.
- Bake until peaches bubble and topping browns, about 40 minutes.
- Cool until just slightly warm.
- Spoon into bowls, top with ice cream and serve.