PB Taffy Apple Pizza
*Over the years, I've found that my tastes have changed and I no longer care for the store-bought refrigerated cookie dough, so I've been making my own peanut butter cookie dough and using it instead (see my recipe for "Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie"). I've also been making my own caramel sauce as well.
1 pkg(18 oz tube) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough*
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 pkg(8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 mediumgranny smith apples
1 mediumred delicious apple
1/2 ccaramel ice cream topping*
1/2 cchopped peanuts
How to Make PB Taffy Apple Pizza
- Mix the cookie dough with the flour. Shape the cookie dough into a ball and slightly flatten. Place it in the center of a pizza pan and then press the dough out evenly onto the pan (or you can use a lightly floured rolling pin & roll the dough to a 14-inch circle about 1/4 inch thick, if you wish).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes; loosen from the pan.
- Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl; mix well. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled cookie.
- Peel, core and slice the apples (fairly thin). Dip the apple slices in lemon juice or lemon-lime soda, to prevent browning. Arrange evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Microwave the caramel ice cream topping on high for 30-45 seconds or until warm. Drizzle over the apples and then sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top. Cut into slices or squares and serve.