- egg whites
- 1 1/2 c
- caster sugar (super fine sugar)
- 1 pinch
- crean if tartar
- 1 Tbsp
- icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- thickened cream whipped
- fruits like strawberries, kiwifruit, passionfruit, berries, banana, grapes, cherries... use a mixed selection of fruits. the tart ones are a nice contrast to the sweet base and cream.
How to Make Pavlova
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mark a 23cm circle on the paper.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Add caster sugar. Beat for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Add cream of tartar. Beat for 1 minute. Spoon mixture onto circle. Using a palette knife or spatula, shape into a circle with high sides. Make 'furrows' up the sides.
- 3Bake for 1 hour or until firm. Turn off oven. Allow to cool in oven with door slightly ajar.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Place pavlova on a serving plate. Top with cream mixture and fruit. Serve.
Tip: Cream of tartar increases the volume of eggwhites when beating and gives the pavlova a crispy crust.