Pavlova with Peach Custard
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 1/2 ccastor sugar (granulated sugar)
1/2 ccastor sugar (granulated sugar)
1/2 ccornflour (cornstarch)
1/4 ccustard powder
2 1/4 cskim milk
3 can(s)peaches in natural juice, drained (425g)
How to Make Pavlova with Peach Custard
- Mark 28cm circle on baking paper-covered oven tray.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beat until dissolved between each addition.
- Spread half the egg white mixture over circle on tray, pipe remaining mixture around edge.
- Bake in very slow oven (200F) for about 1 1/2 hours or until dry to touch. Turn oven off; cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- Fill cold pavlova with custard; decorate with extra peaches, if desired.
- Peach Custard:
Combine sugar, cornflour and custard powder in pan, gradually stir in milk.
- Stir over heat until custard boils and thickens, simmer for 1 minute; cool.
- Blend or process peaches and custard until smooth.