Perfect Biscuit Peach Cobbler~Outta This World!
* Photos are mine. Read captions for more info. *
- 2 can(s)
- (big 29 oz. cans) sliced peaches in heavy syrup; drain syrup from 1 can only (del monte brand has better, firmer peaches than store brand) **see step 5 of directions below for using fresh (yum!) or frozen peaches **
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, packed (plus a little extra to sprinkle on top)
- 1 stick
- real butter, melted, divided (1/2 stick for peaches ; 1/2 stick for topping)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 3 dash(es)
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 1/4 c
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- plus 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp
- real vanilla extract
How to Make Perfect Biscuit Peach Cobbler~Outta This World!
- 2For Peaches: Whisk in a medium bowl, 1/2 stick melted butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, flour, and a dash of cinnamon. Then stir in the 2 cans of peaches (drain the syrup from 1 can only), mixing well & tossing to coat peaches evenly. Spread in bottom of lightly greased 9x13 pan or large casserole dish. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top.
- 4Bake in 400 degree oven for 40-45 min. (Time really just depends on your oven, could be longer or shorter). You will probably need to cover with foil halfway or three quarters through baking time so top doesn't burn. Cobbler is done when top is golden brown & toothpick inserted all the way through topping in the center of cobbler comes out clean with just a few crumbs. I always check with the toothpick in a few different spots just to be sure biscuit topping is done. Check on cobbler periodically. If you find that your topping is nicely browned, but is still partially raw in the middle, just cover top with foil and bake until middle is done. This will stop the top from browning too much. Definitely keep an eye on it because I do usually have to cover mine with foil as the top does get done before the center. Sprinkle white granulated sugar on top when it first comes out of oven if desired.
- 5FOR FRESH or FROZEN PEACHES (I highly recommend using FRESH peaches if u can; it's delicious!): You'll need 7 & 1/4 cups of peeled, pitted, & sliced peaches. That's about 10 medium sized peaches. Place peaches in a saucepan on stovetop on medium heat & add the brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, 1/2 stick butter, & 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then lower heat to a simmer. This step brings out & thickens their juices. I usually add some extra brown sugar in with fresh peaches too; use your judgement depending on how sweet they are. Simmer for about 5-10 min until juices thicken into a nice syrup. Then spread peaches in bottom of baking dish & continue with topping part of recipe. I've even used a combination of fresh & canned peaches when I didn't have quite enough fresh ones with fabulous results.