Orange jello salad aka Orange Dreamsicle salad
Some friends at church have dubbed this the Orange dreamsicle salad. Think the bars you buy in the ice cream section.
The original recipe says to mash up the fruit first. I don't I kinda of like it lumpy and taste the fruit.I add vanilla and orange extract for flavor, not a requirement, won't affect end results;yes yummier to this cook.I top it with marshmallows, you can also do coconuts on top. Another thing to do with this desert is cut up the marshmallows and add it in when you blend the fruit
- 1 box
- orange jello
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 can(s)
- canned mandarin oranges
- 1 box
- (8-oz.size) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp
- vanilla ( optional)
- 1/8 c
- coconut ( optional)
- 1 dash(es)
- orange extract ( optional)
How to Make Orange jello salad aka Orange Dreamsicle salad
- 1Soften cream cheese in microwave if it isn't soft
- 2Drain fruit and reserve juices
- 3Boil 1 cup juice. When it is rapidly boiling, add jello mix. Remove from heat and STIR quickly, vigorously
- 4Mix the fruit, cream cheese, and cool whip together. Don't worry the fruit will fall apart some you'll want that.
- 5Add jello mixture and stir it in throughly
- 6Chill and set in fridge.