How to Make ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE
- 1Bake the cake as directed in a 9 x 13" pan
Let cake cool completely
Poke holes in the cooled cake.
- 2Mix 1 package orange jello with 2 c. boiling water and 1 c. cold water.
Pour over the cake.
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- 3Mix pudding mix with cold milk, the other pkg. of orange jello and vanilla.
Beat by hand with a whisk until thickened.
Fold in the Cool Whip.
- 4Frost the cake with the mixture.
Optional: sprinkle orange zest over the top.
- 5NOTE: These instructions make one single layered cake.
To get a layered look; divide cake mix in two well greased and floured pans -- following cake mix directions. Then tip one out onto a cooling rack and invert back onto a cookie sheet. Proceed to poke holes and do the jello thing and refrigerate. Then top with "frosting."