Open Face Apple Tart
I haven't tried this recipe yet; just found it and felt sorry for it!! I will be "editing" it soon...
- pastry for 9-10 inch flan pan
- 6 large
- apples, golden delicious
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- apricot jam
- whipped cream, optional
How to Make Open Face Apple Tart
- 1Roll pastry out and fit into flan pan.
- 2Peel and core apples, cut into slices about 1/4" thick, you should have about 6 cups.
- 3Toss with lemon juice and sugar.
- 4Arrange apple slices; slightly overlapping in circles on pastry; make 2 or 3 layers.
- 5Scatter raisins over top if desired.
- 6Drizzle with melted butter.
- 7Place on bottom rack of 400 oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8If apples start too brown too much, cover loosely with foil.
- 9In small, saucepan, heat apricot jam until melted, spoon evenly over apples.
- 10Bake for about 5 minutes longer or until apples are glazed.
- 11Let cool to room temperature.
- 12Serve with whipped cream if desired.