Open Face Apple Tart
I haven't tried this recipe yet; just found it and felt sorry for it!! I will be "editing" it soon...
How to Make Open Face Apple Tart
- Roll pastry out and fit into flan pan.
- Peel and core apples, cut into slices about 1/4" thick, you should have about 6 cups.
- Toss with lemon juice and sugar.
- Arrange apple slices; slightly overlapping in circles on pastry; make 2 or 3 layers.
- Scatter raisins over top if desired.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Place on bottom rack of 400 oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- If apples start too brown too much, cover loosely with foil.
- In small, saucepan, heat apricot jam until melted, spoon evenly over apples.
- Bake for about 5 minutes longer or until apples are glazed.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.