Nanas Apple Fritters
Credit for pics that are not mine are found under the caption of pic. Click on pic and you will see the credit
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon (i always add a tad more cause i love cinnamon)
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped apples (i like mine in bigger chunks, but not too big or they wont cook thru before they are golden)
- powdered sugar2 cups powdered sugar and 1 1/2 to 2 t milk if you want them glazed)
How to Make Nanas Apple Fritters
- 1Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon. Stir in milk and egg until just combined. Fold in chopped apples gently.
- 2Put oil in skillet so that it is about 1 1/2 deep to 2 inches deep. Heat oil on high. (Oil is ready when dough floats to top.) Add dough to oil in heaping teaspoons being careful not to splatter hot oil. Cook until golden brown, or about 2 minutes, then flip. Cook another 1-2 minutes, til both sides are golden. Place on plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer to cooling rack. Dust with Powdered sugar or make glazeand drizzle it over the fritters. You can coat both sides with glaze by waiting until it hardens and then turning the fritters over to glaze the other side. Serve immediately while they are still warm.
- 3Glaze: Stir milk and sugar together until mixed well