My Mother's Apple Dumplings
I am posting the sauce recipe just after the directions.
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 4-5 large
- apples, chopped (we used jonathon, but granny smith would work well
How to Make My Mother's Apple Dumplings
- 1Coat chopped apples with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, salt and milk to make a dough.
- 3Roll the dough into a rectangle and cover with the chopped apple mixture.
- 4Roll the apples and dough up, as
you would for cinnamon rolls. Cut in 1 inch slices and place in buttered baking 9 X 13 baking dish.
- 5Cover with
sauce and bake @ 375 for 25 minutes.
1 1/4 c sugar
1 T butter
1 T flour
1 t salt
1 1/4 c hot water
Mix and pour over dumplings before baking.