How to Make MeMa Rose's Berry Cobbler
- Put the 2 bags of frozen fruit into a large pot. Add the sugar, water, and 4 tablespoons of the butter.
- Place on a medium heat and let it come to a boil. Turn heat down to low, and cover pot.
Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch it so it doesn't boil dry. You might need to add about 1/4 cup of water....you want there to be some juice, but not a whole lot.
- Take off heat and let it cool for 15 minutes.
Pour into a 9x13 cake pan.
- Take a box of dry White Cake Mix and sprinkle evenly over the top of the berries and juice.
Melt the other 8 tablespoons of butter and pour evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until browned on top.