Lemon Bars By : Barefoot Contessa ( Ina Garten )
This is the original recipe that the Meyer Lemon Lime Bars that I have posted was adapted from.
***Recipe from www.foodnetwork.com ***
FOR THE CRUST :
1/2 lbunsalted butter , at room temp.
1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 call purpose flour
1/8 tspkosher salt
FOR THE FILLING :
6extra large eggs @ rm. temp
3 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbsplemon zest, grated (4 to 6 lemons)
1 cfreshly squeezed lemon juice
1 call purpose flour
·confectioners' sugar , for dusting
How to Make Lemon Bars By : Barefoot Contessa ( Ina Garten )
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- For the crust , cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer , fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Combine the flour and salt and , with the mixer on low , add to the butter just until mixed.
- Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball.
- Flatten the dough with floured hands and press into a 9x13x2" baking sheet , building up a 1/2" edge on all sides. CHILL
- Bake crust for 15 - 20 minutes , until very light browned. Let cool on a wire rack . Leave oven on.
- For the filling , whisk together the egg , sugar , lemon zest , lemon juice , and flour. Pour over the crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes , until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners' sugar.