★★★★★ 1 vote5
- enough sweet dough to line a cookie sheet (see personal note)
- 1 lb 3.5 oz sugar
- 12 oz
- eggs (about 7)
- 5 3/4 oz
- lemon juice
- 2 5/8 oz
- bread flour
How to Make Lemon Bars
- 1Line a sheet pant with sweet dough and par bake. Cool and reserve. With sweet dough, patch any crack or low points on the sides where the liquid filling could leak out.
- 2Combine the sugar and eggs by hand; blend well.
- 3Add lemon juice and mix.
- 4Let sit for about 20 minutes; skim off the white foamy layer.
- 5Blend in the flour while mixing to avoid lumps.
- 6Pour the batter into the prebaked sweet dough crust.
- 7Bake at 300F in a convection oven for 30 minutes or until set.
- 8When cool, dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars of desired size.