★★★★★ 1 vote5
·enough sweet dough to line a cookie sheet (see personal note)
·1 lb 3.5 oz sugar
12 ozeggs (about 7)
5 3/4 ozlemon juice
2 5/8 ozbread flour
How to Make Lemon Bars
- Line a sheet pant with sweet dough and par bake. Cool and reserve. With sweet dough, patch any crack or low points on the sides where the liquid filling could leak out.
- Combine the sugar and eggs by hand; blend well.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes; skim off the white foamy layer.
- Blend in the flour while mixing to avoid lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prebaked sweet dough crust.
- Bake at 300F in a convection oven for 30 minutes or until set.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars of desired size.