Leila's Glazed Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These were delicious! I couldn't even tell they were made from biscuit dough. I felt like I was eating a fancy pastry. I really enjoyed the fruit filling and the glaze was fantastic. The Test Kitchen
- 2 can(s)
- Grands Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/ 2--3/4 c
- butter or margarine melted i used butter
- 1/2 jar(s)
- jam, jelly or pudding I used jam
- 4 Tbsp
- 3-4 c
- powdered sugar
- just enough milk to make a fairly thin glaze
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla or any flavor you want
How to Make Leila's Glazed Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits
- 1Pre heat oven to 375*
Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
Before the biscuits come out of the can melt the 1/2 cup butter in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Dip each biscuit in butter covering the top and edges.
Dip each biscuit into the sugar and cinnamon mix.
Place in pan leaving an inch between them and press each down with 4 fingers to make a nice indention.
Using a teaspoon drop enough jam or your choice filling about a good 1/2 tsp in the indention.
- 3Bake at 372* 15-18 min or until golden brown. Cool enough that preserves won't burn you.
- 4Mix the glaze ingredients together until smooth and when biscuits have cooled dribble the glaze over top.
I hope you enjoy these.