I make variations of this dessert:
By using sugar free Jell-O and low fat and low sugar Cool Whip it becomes a diet / diabetic friendly recipe.
Another Thing I sometimes do is place strawberries or other fruits in the bottom of the glass... it gives yet another pretty layer of flavor!
- 2 pkg
- strawberry jell-0 (make according to package directions minus 1/4 cup cold water)
- 1 large
- container cool whip (thawed)
- 1/2 pt
- fresh strawberries (whole or sliced and fanned out)
How to Make Layered Jello
- 1Make the Jell-O according to package directions (minus... 1/4 cup of the cold water).
- 2After the Jell-O is totally disolved and cooled, put it in the blender along with 1/2 cup of Cool Whip. Blend on high for 1 minute. Pour about half of this into pretty glasses. Add more Cool Whip to blender (your judgement). Blend on high for 1 minute. Pour this into the same glasses you put the first half into.
- 3Refrigerate for 2 hours or more. Top with a spoon of Cool Whip and garnish with strawberry. Serve.