Kelly's Fresh Peach Cobbler
Wonderful served warm with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream! (Photo from bing images)
8large peaches, peeled, halved and sliced (cling free make it easier)
3 csugar, divided
1 c(2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
4 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cmilk
How to Make Kelly's Fresh Peach Cobbler
- In large bowl, toss peaches, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter into a 13x9 glass baking dish or pan. *Use the microwave for glass dish, oven for metal pan. (Or you can melt it in a glass measuring cup and pour it into the pan.)
- In another large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 1/2 cups sugar til mixed. Stir in milk and vanilla til just combined. (Don't over mix.)
- Pour batter slowly over butter evenly. Top batter evenly with peach slices. Drizzle any leftover sugar mixture over peaches.
- Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes til top is done.
This recipe can be halved and make in an 8" square baking dish. Baking time and temp is the same.