July Fourth Strawberry, Blueberry Trifle
If you don't have time to make the pudding, just skip the water and pudding mix and use already prepared pudding cups. Instead of whipping cream, you can use Cool Whip. Don't forget the lemon zest though. It really makes the flavor great!
Use a prepared cake to make it easier, too.
You can reserve some whipped cream, a few blueberries and a few strawberries to top the trifle with a garnish.
1-14 ozcan sweetened condensed milk
2 tsplemon zest
1-1/2 ccold water
1-3 1/2 ozbox instant vanilla pudding mix
1 ptheavy cream, whipped
4 cangel food cake (or pound cake cubes)
1 lbfresh strawberries, sliced
2 cfresh blueberries
How to Make July Fourth Strawberry, Blueberry Trifle
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest and water. Mix well.
- Add pudding mix and beat until well blended.
- Chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 2 cups pudding mixture into trifle bowl or large clear bowl.
- Layer with half the cake cubes, the strawberries and half the pudding mixture that is left.
- Layer with remaining cake cubes, blueberries and the remaining pudding mixture.
- Chill at least 4 hours. Garnish as desired with whipped cream and a few berries.
- Tip: Fresh peeled and sliced peaches may be substituted for strawberries. If you garnish with any peaches, put a little lemon juice on them so they don't turn brown.