Joanie's Gourmet Apples
·my vanilla caramels recipe
2bags of wrapped caramels
1or 2 pkgchocolate or vanilla almond bark or candy coating disks
·nuts or candy pieces or cookie crumbs (optional)
6-8popsicle sticks or wooden dowells
How to Make Joanie's Gourmet Apples
- Prepare caramels by recipe or bag instructions.
- Clean and remove stem from apples. Dry thoroughly. And Insert sticks.
- Carefully dip apples into caramel, covering entire apple. Place on wax paper coated with cooking spray.
- Place dipped apples in refrigerator until caramel has set.
- Melt bark in a double boiler. Dip dip cool apples into bark. Place on UNSPRAYED wax paper and sprinkle with toppings and return to refrigerator.
- Once they are set, you can drizzle with white or milk chocolate, set again and wrap in cellophane. Store in refrigerator for best quality.