Joanie's Gourmet Apples
- 6-8 medium
- my vanilla caramels recipe
- bags of wrapped caramels
- 1or 2 pkg
- chocolate or vanilla almond bark or candy coating disks
- nuts or candy pieces or cookie crumbs (optional)
- popsicle sticks or wooden dowells
How to Make Joanie's Gourmet Apples
- 1Prepare caramels by recipe or bag instructions.
- 2Clean and remove stem from apples. Dry thoroughly. And Insert sticks.
- 3Carefully dip apples into caramel, covering entire apple. Place on wax paper coated with cooking spray.
- 4Place dipped apples in refrigerator until caramel has set.
- 5Melt bark in a double boiler. Dip dip cool apples into bark. Place on UNSPRAYED wax paper and sprinkle with toppings and return to refrigerator.
- 6Once they are set, you can drizzle with white or milk chocolate, set again and wrap in cellophane. Store in refrigerator for best quality.