individual apple crisps
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 & 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspground cinnanmon
1/2 & 1/3 cbutter or margarine,cold
1 to 6apples,granny smith,cortland,mactintosh etc.
How to Make individual apple crisps
- in a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour,brown sugar,nutmeg,cinnamon and salt.
- cut the cold butter into cubes and add to the bowl.Using a pastry blender,work the butter into the dry ingredient until it resembles coarse crumbs
- wash and dry the apples,then peel and quarter them. Remove the core from each quarter. Cut each apple quarter into thick slices. Depending on the size of the bowl,you will need at least 1 large apple per bowl.
- in the bottom of each french onion soup bowl,add a tablespoon of sugar. Place the apple slices in the bottom of each bowl, adding a little more sugar,if desired,after a few layers.
- place enough of the crumb topping on top of the apples to cover them. You can add as much or as little as you want. Cover each bowl with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet to prevent spillage.
- heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the baking sheet with the covered bowls in the oven. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for additional 30 minutes.
- can be served hot or cold. Try it with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt on the top