individual apple crisps
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/3 & 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnanmon
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 & 1/3 c
- butter or margarine,cold
- 1 to 6
- apples,granny smith,cortland,mactintosh etc.
How to Make individual apple crisps
- 1in a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour,brown sugar,nutmeg,cinnamon and salt.
- 2cut the cold butter into cubes and add to the bowl.Using a pastry blender,work the butter into the dry ingredient until it resembles coarse crumbs
- 3wash and dry the apples,then peel and quarter them. Remove the core from each quarter. Cut each apple quarter into thick slices. Depending on the size of the bowl,you will need at least 1 large apple per bowl.
- 4in the bottom of each french onion soup bowl,add a tablespoon of sugar. Place the apple slices in the bottom of each bowl, adding a little more sugar,if desired,after a few layers.
- 5place enough of the crumb topping on top of the apples to cover them. You can add as much or as little as you want. Cover each bowl with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet to prevent spillage.
- 6heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the baking sheet with the covered bowls in the oven. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for additional 30 minutes.
- 7can be served hot or cold. Try it with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt on the top