Heavenly fruit cobbler
1/2 cbutter, unsalted
1 call purpose flour
1 csugar, divided
2 csweetened fruit or pie filling
2egg whites, room temperature
1/2 tspcream of tartar
How to Make Heavenly fruit cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in baking dish and let it melt in the oven.
- Mix together, flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and milk. Set aside.
- In a clean dry bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add the rest of the sugar to the egg mixture. About 1/2 teaspoon at a time and beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Using the first mixture, stir it up a little. Then carefully fold in the egg mixture.
- Add the batter to the baking dish with the melted butter. Do not stir.
- Add your fruit evenly on top of the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick close to the center and not in fruit, comes out clean.