Hazelnut Apple Crisp
4 largegranny smith apples, cored, and cut in medium pieces
1 Tbsplime or lemon juice
1/4 cfiltered water
1 Tbsparrowroot starch
1 chazelnut flour
1/4 tspceltic sea salt
1 tspground cinnamon
1 Tbsphazelnut extract
1 Tbspcoconut oil
How to Make Hazelnut Apple Crisp
- Toss the cut up apples in a large bowl and add the xylitol and citrus juice.
- Stir the water and arrowroot and make a slurry, then toss into the apple mixture
- In a medium bowl combine the hazelnut flour, salt and cinnamon
- In a small bowl combine the hazelnut extract, coconut oil and xylitol. Stir into the hazelnut flour mixture until it has a crumbly consistency.
- Put your apples into a medium casserole dish and sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350'F for 45 minutes or until the apples are soft and the top golden brown.