Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar, Coconut, & Rum
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Gourmet June, 2009.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- sweetened flaked coconut
- pineapple peeled (3 1/2-to-4 pound)
- 1/2 c
- packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- dark rum
- 2 Tbsp
- curry powder (preferably madras)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- vanilla ice cream, optional
How to Make Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar, Coconut, & Rum
- 1Toast coconut in a small heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden-brown, about 5 minutes.
- 2Cut pineapple crosswise into 8 slices (about 3/4 inch thick) and core slices. Stir together remaining ingredients in a shallow glass baking dish and add pineapple in 1 layer, turning to coat evenly. Marinate, turning occasionally, 30 minutes.
- 3Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat.
- 4Oil grill rack. Grill pineapple (reserve marinade), covered, turning once, until grill marks appear and pineapple is heated through, about 4 minutes. Serve pineapple with marinade and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Pineapple can be cooked in an oiled grill pan over medium-high heat.