Greek Yogurt & Carmalized Orange Trifle Squares
L = Ladyfingers
O = Oranges, carmalized
G = Greek yogurt with honey
A = Almonds
N = Nutmeg
Squares are dessert style open-faced sandwiches.
To make this a more decadent dessert, try brushing ladyfingers with some Orange Liquer, like Grand Marnier or some Amaretto.
2 corange segments, caramalized
2 1/2 cgreek yogurt with honey; divided
3/4 calmonds, chopped; divided
·nutmeg, freshly grated for garnish
·orange zest for garnish (saved from oranges that you carmalized)
How to Make Greek Yogurt & Carmalized Orange Trifle Squares
- Lightly spray bottom and sides of 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Mix chopped almonds and 2 cups of greek yogurt together in small bowl. Save some chopped almonds for garnish.
- Cover bottom of pan with a single layer of 21 ladyfinger halves (going north and south); spread with half of greek yogurt mixture and half of orange segments.
- Repeat another layer of ladyfinger halves, placing these east and west. With palm of hand, press ladyfingers in place. Spread remaining yogurt mixture then remaining oranges.
- Cover and chill overnight before cutting into 8 squares. Before serving place a dollop of the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt on top of each square, then a dash of freshly ground nutmeg, a few chopped almonds and some orange zest for decoration.