Glazed Pineapple with Macadamia Nut Crunch1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeripe pineapple, end trimmed, skin and eyes removed
1 ccoarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/3 clight brown sugar - firmly packed
4 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
How to Make Glazed Pineapple with Macadamia Nut Crunch
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the pineapple into 8 slices, each about
- For a decorative presentation you might want to cut notched grooves 1 inch apart on the top of each slice to suggest the grooves of a scallop shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and stir until well blended.
- Place the pineapple slices on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of the nut mixture or arrange in a graphic pattern over each pineapple slice.
- Broil the pineapple slices about 6 inches from the heat until the filling starts to caramelize, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Serve hot.