Glazed Pineapple with Macadamia Nut Crunch1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 large
- ripe pineapple, end trimmed, skin and eyes removed
- 1 c
- coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 c
- light brown sugar - firmly packed
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
How to Make Glazed Pineapple with Macadamia Nut Crunch
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Cut the pineapple into 8 slices, each about
- 3For a decorative presentation you might want to cut notched grooves 1 inch apart on the top of each slice to suggest the grooves of a scallop shell.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar and salt.
- 5Add the butter and stir until well blended.
- 6Place the pineapple slices on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- 7Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of the nut mixture or arrange in a graphic pattern over each pineapple slice.
- 8Broil the pineapple slices about 6 inches from the heat until the filling starts to caramelize, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 9Serve hot.