☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1pie crust, purchased (half of 15-oz package)
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 8-oz pkgcream cheese, room temperature
6 Tbspcanned cream of coconut (such as coco lopez)
1 csweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
1/4 cchopped crystallized ginger
1 1/2 largepapayas, peeled, thinly sliced
1/2 capricot-pineapple preserves, or apricot preserves
How to Make Ginger, Coconut and Papaya Tart
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Unfold crust and press out fold lines. Sprinkle with flour. Roll out to 12 1/2-inch round. Arrange floured side down in 11-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Pierce bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Check crust during baking; if sides of crust slide down, press up with back of fork. Cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in cream of coconut and sugar, then 3/4 cup coconut and ginger. Spread filling in crust.
- Arrange papaya attractively atop filling.
- Melt preserves in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Brush over papaya. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut around edge of tart and in center.
- Refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 1 hour. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.)