Fruity dessert lasagna
Irisa Raina 9
I also do apple dessert lasagna, maybe I’ll post that one later.
·1 -16 ounce box lasagna noodles
·1 -16 ounce bag frozen blueberries
·1 -16 ounce bag frozen raspberries
·5 large eggs + 1 yolk
·2/3 cup sugar
·2 cups sour cream
·½ teaspoon cinnamon
·¼ teaspoon vanilla
·¼ teaspoon almond extract
·2 cups ice cold whipping cream
·1/3 cup sugar “ or to taste “
·2/3 cups toasted almonds “ crushed “
How to Make Fruity dessert lasagna
- Cook the lasagna noodles boiling them only 3 minutes, drain.
They will continue to cook while they are baking.
- Drain the frozen fruit, reserving the juice for another use. Like a wonderful evening beverage if you catch my drift?
- Beat the eggs + the yolk once they are well mixed add the sugar, sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Add the fruit to the egg mixture and gently mix to incorporate.
- Butter a 9 X 12 inch baking pan.
- Starting with the noodles, layer a single layer of the noodles, then the fruit then the noodles ending with the egg mixture.
- Bake about 1 hour at 350 “depending on your oven” till it is all golden brown.
- Whip the heavy cream till it forms stiff peaks, add the almond flavoring and mix for 1 minute longer.
- When you are ready to serve top with whipped topping and dust with the toasted crushed almonds.