Fruits and Berries Tart
I like to use organic ingredients in all my baking.
I like this tart because of low sugar and it is not very sweet and the taste is natural and fruity.
You can use this tart dough for puff pastry and the French patisserie or Custard cream in many different pastries.
Also you can use the custard cream to stick your cake layers.
Also I like to thanks my friend to show me how to make this.
200 gall purpose flour (for tart/pastry)
4 - 5 smalleggs (for tart/pastry)
2 Tbspcooking oil (for tart/pastry)
1 - 2 cwater, as needed (for tart/pastry)
1 tspsugar (for tart/pastry)
2 tspvanilla extract (for tart/pastry)
2 tspsalt (for tart/pastry)
2/3 cpowdered sugar (for tart/pastry)
250 gsour cream, lite or fat free (for tart/pastry)
4 mediumegg yolks (for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
1 cmilk, 2% or fat free (for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
1/2 csugar (for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
1 Tbspcorn flour (or wheat) (for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
1/2 Tbspvanilla extract (for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
1 cstrawberries, fresh and whole (topping)
1 cblack raspberries, fresh and whole (topping)
1 mediumkiwi, fresh and sliced (topping)
1/2 cblueberries, fresh (topping)
1 Tbspdark chocolate melted (if you want for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
1 Tbspcocoa, unsweetened (if you want for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
50 gbutter, melted (if you want for french pâtisserie/custard cream)
How to Make Fruits and Berries Tart
Preheat the oven 400 F degrees
- pour water, salt, sugar and oil in small sauce pan and put it on the stove over medium heat until start boiling.
- Then, add the flour to the boiling water and mix the ingredients regularly with wooden spoon until dough stick together in the center of the pan.
- Leave the dough in the pan until to be cool.
- put the dough into a larger container and add the eggs one by one and gradually mix until dough turn to a soft and delicate dough.
- Spray the tart tray with oil spray and pour the soft dough to it, level the dough evenly and nicely as a tart, then put the tray on the upper oven's rack for 25-30 minutes.
- After cooling the tart, fill and level it to the top with Pâtisserie/custard cream (which you can see the preparation in steps 8-13).
- Pâtisserie/custard cream preparation:
Mix egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until the mix turn hard and light yellow color.
- Pour flour in a small enamel container and add milk gradually into flour and mix them until flour completely resolved.
- Then put the pot on medium heat and continue stirring until thick and start boiling.
- Next add the egg mix to the flour and stir until thickened. Then put it aside to be cool down.
- Now the Pâtisserie/custard cream is ready to fill in the tart.
- To have a chocolate taste we can add 1 tablespoon of cocoa or dark chocolate adding it while we mix the flour with milk. Also we can add 50 g butter while we mix the cocoa, throw in it and take the mixture immediately over, and let it cool.
- Next after step 7, we start putting the sliced Strawberries, Kiwis and blackberries and blue berries on the cream as you see the picture, even you can come up with different fresh fruits or caned cocktails too.