★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 Tbspchilled butter
2 call purpose flour
1/4 - 1/2 cice cold water
·pie filling, any flavor
How to Make Fruit Turnover
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean up :)
- Measure flour and salt into bowl. Cut in butter and shortening thoroughly until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until all flour is moistened and dough almost cleans side of bowl.
- Gather dough into ball; shape into flattened round circle on piece of wax paper. Cover with a second piece of wax paper and roll until 1/8 inch thickness is achieved.
- Use a biscuit cutter or circular cookie cutter to make a round turnover. Place about 2 tablespoons of pie filling into the center of the dough - don't use too much or it will ooze out!
- Rub cold water around dough edge; either fold other side over filling or place equal size circle on top and gently but firmly press together to seal edges. Use fork to add decorative crimped edge if desired. Also pierce top of crust 2 or 3 times to allow steam to escape.
- To make glazed finish, rub milk or water over the top of turnover and sprinkle with a little granulated sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golded brown.