Blue Ribbon Recipe
When the Kitchen Crew and I taste-tested this, we used a frozen mixture of raspberries, strawberries, peaches and pineapple. We figured we couldn't go wrong with a mix like that. As it turns out, I just don't think you can go wrong with this recipe! This is a simple dish that hits on all the perfect "dessert" notes... sweet, tart and memorably delicious. The Test Kitchen
1 stickcream butter (unsalted)
1 call-purpose flour
1/4 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 call-purpose flour
2 cfruit (fresh or frozen)
How to Make Fruit Crisp
- Mix crumb topping ingredients together till crumbly and holds shape when pressed together with fingers... set mixture aside.
- Mix your fruit and all fruit filling ingredients (any kind you want, if using a fruit with a rind make sure you peel it first apples, peaches, plums, etc.)
- For individual desserts (4 to 6 depending on size) spray the bottom of small oven safe dishes with non-stick cooking spray. May also be made as a single larger one.
- Add fruit to the bottom of pans/dishes till about 3/4 full. Crumble topping over top of fruit. I used an 8" x 2" round baking dish.
- Bake @ 350 for 40 to 45 min. till top is golden brown and fruit is soft when pricked with fork and well jelled together.