Blue Ribbon Recipe
I love pears, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. They're just as good as fried apples. I really liked the crunch the pecans added. This is so good over ice cream, but I could eat 'em straight from the pan too! The Test Kitchen
- pears (such as bartlett or bosc) cored and sliced
- note: you don't have to peel the pears unless you want to.
- 2-3 Tbsp
- chopped nuts (I use pecans, slivered almonds or walnuts)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vegetable oil (or so)
- 3 Tbsp
- or so sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- or so cinnamon
How to Make Fried Pears
- 1Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat (the oil helps to keep the butter from burning). Prepare the pears while heating the butter (this way they don't have time to turn dark). Add pears and saute until just tender.
- 3Sprinkle with the sugar cinnamon mixture (As little or as much as you like). Stir gently to coat all of the slices. Turn off the heat.