Fresh Rhubarb Crisp
How to Make Fresh Rhubarb Crisp
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If the rhubard is very thick, peel it first to remove some of the outer skin.
- 2Place sliced rhubarb in a 6x10 inch baking dish. Sprinkle witht the cinnnamon and salt.
- 3In a bowl, combine the flour and the sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Add almonds or walnuts. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture over the rhubarb.
- 4Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and rhubarb is soft and cooked. Let cool slightly.
- 5Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired (and of course it is desired!)