FRESH PEACH COBBLER
6 to 7 largefresh ripe peaches, peeled & sliced in large bowl
2 tsplemon juice
2 Tbspcorn starch
2 Tbspsalted butter
1 cbiscuit mix (bisquik)
1/4 cplus 2 tablespoons milk
How to Make FRESH PEACH COBBLER
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish; set dish on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Add lemon juice to sliced peaches; stir gently.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar with a pinch of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons corn starch; mix well.
- Pour peaches into prepared oven dish, scraping bowl well.
- Dot top of peaches with the 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup biscuit mix, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk; stir until almost no lumps remain (it should resemble a very thick pancake batter.)
- Spoon batter over the peaces, covering as much as possible.
- Loosely cover with foil, rotate dish and return to oven. Bake for additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil and allow to cool for at least one hour before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.