~ Festive Cranberry Gems ~ Delicious!!
The family & a neighbor gave me a big thumbs up and half the pan is gone. That is what I like to see!
- 1 - 12 oz
- bag - ocean spray cranberries - thawed or frozen as they will be cooked
- 3/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- each - flour & quick cooking oats
- 1 c
- packed, brown sugar
- 10 Tbsp
- cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 tsp
- each - salt & baking powder
CRUST AND TOPPING
How to Make ~ Festive Cranberry Gems ~ Delicious!!
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cranberries, sugar, zest, marmalade and water. Bring to a boil and as the cranberries start to pop and cook, smash with a spoon against the inside of pan. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, stirring often. ( 8 - 10 minutes) Set aside to cool completely.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
In food processor, add the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Pulse until combined and butter is completely incorporated. ( This can be done by hand as well. Place ingredients in a bowl and using a pastry blender, work in the butter until mix looks like coarse crumbs. )