Farm Gal's Easy Apple Crisp
cook,"Catherine,"was born and brought up on a farm in the midwest.She had an endless supply of great recipes!One is this apple crisp,which is tasty,and as she said:"as easy as pie to make!"..It has become a family favorite,often requested on a cool fall or wintry night or for a holiday!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- cooking type apples(?cortland,granny's or ?)
- 1 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1 c
- 1 c
- oatmeal, uncooked-regular or quick
- 1 c
- ***a couple of shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg atop of the apples.can also drizzle some vanilla over the apples too,all before you add the batter topping.
How to Make Farm Gal's Easy Apple Crisp
- 1Preheat Oven to 350.Take out an 8 inch square pan.Do not grease it.
- 2Cream together the brown sugar and softened margerine.Next,add the flour and oatmeal,and blend together.The mixture will be sticky and thick.Set this aside.
- 3Peel and slice the apples,cutting into slices as for pie.Slice enough apples to almost fill the pan.Sprinkle a couple of good shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg "to taste".. atop of the apples.You can also drizzle a bit of vanilla over the apples now too!
- 4Take the mixture of brown sugar,etc,already blended and drop pieces of this batter atop of the sliced apples.Spread it so all the apples are covered-sometimes I get my finger tips wet to do this.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 min,until apples are bubbly and the top is slightly browned.Is wonderful served warm,with a dollup of vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.But room temperature is pretty darn good,too!
- 6***Extra optional/not necessary step-Instead of just sprinkling the spices/vanilla on top of the apples as shown above,sometimes I add 1-2TB of regular sugar,mixed with like 1/2-1TB of flour,then the cinnamon and nutmeg(maybe 1/4 tsp each?)mixed all together with the apples,before adding the topping.Is yum either way,but if you feel so inclined,adding this step is good too.Either way,it's a keeper,bound to please!