easy peach cobbler
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine.(i use stick butter for this as it is simpler and better then margarine.any kind will work.
- 1 c
- 1 c
- flour,self rising
- 1 c
- milk (your choice,i use what ever i have on hand i have also used prepared power milk,cream, skim milk,as long as it is milk)
- 1 large
- can peaches,slices work best.can use 2 small cans of peaches if you desire.use juice and all
How to Make easy peach cobbler
- 1in a 2 quart casserole dish.or dutch oven.(glass will cook faster so please watch for done ness after 45 mins if using glass pan or large oblong pan.i use my big cooking pan(dutch oven or my 10 inch iron skillet when i fix this cobbler.)melt 1 stick butter in 350 oven.allow oven to preheat while preparing ingredients.
- 2while butter is melting in oven,mix together the flour,sugar and milk,stir to mix well.it may be a little lumpy but needs only to be mixed well.
when butter is melted completely remove pan from oven. pour flour mixture into pan on top of butter.DO NOT STIR.(this will all do its own thing during baking(trust me)lol.
- 3to the pan add the can of peaches with liquid.just open peaches.pour over top of flour mixture in pan.AGAIN,,DO NOT STIR.if desired u may take a spoon r fork and lightly just move peaches around to even them out but moving peaches only do not stir as it will not bake correctly.r just leave em as they go in.it all works out during baking.sometimes i will just shake lightly the pan to settle but thats it.
- 4put into preheated 350 oven.uncovered, for about 45 mins.check your cobbler,if it is bubbly and nice brown top and looks done.its done..i normally(as i said cook mine in a iron skillet or 2 qt,dutch oven) for 1 hour.will be nice and light brown bubbly when done.remove from oven allow to cool for 10 mins r so serve this warm or room temp.